Thursday, March 27, 2014

dear skipping little girl from yesterday,

This is what I saw. Darling you skipping down the sidewalk.
Then your mom (?) says: "what do you THINK you're doing? You better get back over here or no birthday cake for you."
Then you ambled on over and you both continued on.

This was difficult to see for so many reasons.

Obviously this woman has not a clue that skipping is one of the most joyous movements our bodies can create.
Also obviously she has forgotten her own joy if she didn't just catch right up to this child by SKIPPING!
And also it provided for me a chance to work on not going immediately to huffyland in my mind and chastising this woman for so downtroddenly speaking to this girl. Dressed all in pink by the way.

Instead in my mind I spoke to the child and said :
hold on to your joy
skip  to your heart's content
always seek happiness
fun is always fun
hold on to this spirit of whimsy

Then say "fuck the birthday cake bitch, I'm SKIPPING!!!"
ooops, huffyland.

WHEEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment