Thursday, November 6, 2014

dear rmichael shrieve,

You are the first in my thoughts of what or who should be "time capsuled." My phrasing, obvee. I thought of "the song" today, then went to YouTube and watched the whole 9 minute performance.

Still so good, so raw and rhythmic, so percussiony. Just love it. As I was watching I thought how damn fortunate we are to have this archival footage. Y'all are such babies. You were 20. The youngest performer there. 2 years younger than your boss.

So you and this footage, I feel, should have witness borne to it. Everyone should watch it. Everyone should try to feel what it must have been like to be there. Bearing witness to musical history. Dang, y'all were such babies.

And please dear god, tell me you still have that shirt and your granddaughter wears it when she plays the drums.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG6IaSQCpU

Enjoy lovies.

No comments:

Post a Comment